What is Chromotherapy
Chromotherapy or color light therapy is a term to describe the use of colored light as a way to address and balance disharmonies in the aura (energy field) that may influenced a person thoughts and actions in a less favourable light. As a pure therapy of nature, it has evolved throughout history.
People have been drawn to color light therapy as a healing modality since antiquity. Heliotherapy, the act of curing sickness by sun exposure, was born in ancient Greece. In ancient Egypt, Greece and China “color halls” or rooms were painted different colors in an attempt to treat ailments. They hung crystal gems in the windows of their healing rooms to separate the nutritional potential of the sun’s rays. Color therapy played an important role in their wellness practices.
Flashing forward to present day, there is ongoing research to support the theory and evidence of this ancient art and explain why and how it works.
A sense of emotional wellbeing can also be supported by alternating the colors that surround us; each color of the visible light spectrum is a form of nutrition that feeds our body and soul.
The impact of color light and the way it appears before our eyes can even be thought of as a language that speaks to our inner essence and thrills us with inspiration, insight and an internal deepening.
Working with chromotherapy gives you the opportunity to discover the potential of this universal source.
What Really is Color?
It seems real but it also seems intangible.
- Color is universal energy
- Color is everywhere
- Color is visible and invisible
- Objects absorb and reflect color
- Color is a sensation
- Color is information
- Color tempts
- Color can have the power to persuade
- Color dictates fashion trends
- Color creates perspective in art
- Color denotes religious symbolism
- Color qualifies edible fruits and vegetables
- Color enhances the taste of food and carries nutritional value
- Color protects and attracts wild life and insects
- Color influences emotions and thought processes
- Color can cheer and depress, stimulate and tranquilize, provoke and antagonize
- Color creates and animates our lives as we experience it
- Color enriches everything it permeates
- Color moves at the speed of light
- Color is a form of energy and is carried in light
The power of light is that it colors our world with its built-in rainbow.
Excerpt from: Golden Light: A Journey With Advanced Colorworks
Order your copy today, and begin your journey into the world of color harmonics.