What is Chromotherapy
Chromotherapy is a term to describe the use of colored light as a way to address an imbalance in the auric field that may influenced a person thoughts and actions in a less favourable light. As a pure therapy of nature, it has evolved throughout history.
People have been drawn to using color light as a healing modality since antiquity. Heliotherapy, the act of curing sickness by sun exposure, was born in ancient Greece. In ancient Egypt, Greece and China “color halls” or rooms were painted different colors in an attempt to treat ailments. They hung crystal gems in the windows of their healing rooms to separate the nutritional potential of the sun’s rays. Color therapy was an important part of their wellness practices.
Flashing forward to present day, there is ongoing research to support the theory and evidence of this ancient art and explain why and how it works.
Working with chromotherapy lights gives you the opportunity to discover the potential of this universal source.
Star light star bright
The cooling shades of light under the starry night skies reside in the violet and blue range. And at the other end of the spectrum our daytime colors are warming shades of red, orange and yellow – and green is the great equalizer to keep harmony in nature. We’re all influenced by the colors that surround us.
But what is color?
It seems real but it also seems intangible
- Color is universal energy
- Color is everywhere
- Color is visible and invisible
- Objects absorb and reflect color
- Color is a sensation
- Color is information
- Color tempts
- Color can have the power to persuade
- Color dictates fashion trends
- Color creates perspective in art
- Color denotes religious symbolism
- Color qualifies edible fruits and vegetables
- Color enhances the taste of food and carries nutritional value
- Color protects and attracts wild life and insects
- Color influences emotions and thought processes
- Color can cheer and depress, stimulate and tranquilize, provoke and antagonize
- Color creates and animates our lives as we experience it
- Color enriches everything it permeates
- Color moves at the speed of light
- Color is a form of energy and is carried in light
The power of light is that it colors our world with its built-in rainbow
Every starlit day
We all know that to live a balanced lifestyle we need to increase our energy level through exercise, fresh air, the food we eat and drink, and from sunlight’s color nutrients. Even fruits and vegetables contain elements of this vital energy and are part of a proactive lifestyle. Each color has its own qualities acting as a necessary life-giving source.
Take the journey!
Here’s the best place to start! Golden Light: A Journey With Advanced Colorworks